Sunday 25 September 2016

Dalmation Pelican on the Camel Estuary!

This afternoon before I headed over to my friend's birthday I took my family down to see the Dalmation Pelican at Padstow . My mum and dad couldn't believe how big and comical it looked as it loafed about on the beach at Porthilly View! My nephew Ben tagged along too and enjoyed the scope views of this incredible creature looking so out of place amongst the local gulls and waders... I doubt there will ever be a Dalmation Pelican again in Cornwall and even if you aren't into birding you will get a thrill at seeing this fantastic bird! Take a trip to Padstow before it heads on ... it's well worth it....

Also on the Estuary today in addition to Wednesday were 37 Grey Plover, 6 Knot, 1 Ruff, 2 Curlew Sandpiper, 1 Greenshank and 7 Sandwich Tern...

No comments:

Post a Comment